Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day 8

2nd to last day here, I video taped the whole drive in, 20 minutes straight. I'm gonna bring all our recorded media home to post where our internet is faster. I will need to edit the drive in because we had a few times when we had to wait, and YouTube videos need to be under 10 minutes, maybe I'll break it into two ten minute videos. We have all the work finished except painting the lettering on the outside of the school. During lunch/playtime all the guys got their hair done. The kids poured water on their heads and spiked their hair. Then they flattened it, spiked it, flattened it, spiked it in the front, put a hair tie in it, etc. Once the water dried up, they made us go to the bathroom and pour more water on our heads. I got some pictures of that and of Anthony painting the wall. The ladder leaned against the wall at a very strange angle, more parallel to the ground than usual. He is also leaning out away from the ladder painting, nobody has gotten hurt but it is a pretty weird looking picture. I just had to take a few minutes from writing this to explain to someone how to look at their fonts. See? I leave the country, different language, culture, and I end up explaining something techy. Speaking over telephone made only slightly more difficult by the poor connection and the language barrier. Then I received and e-mail from one of the teachers here at the school with some really good pictures from when we went to the beach, I forwarded them a mi padre en los Estados Unidos, and they should be posted in around 24hrs. We will be back in the United States late Thursday night and early Friday morning. Hasta Luego

2 comments:

  1. i'm looking forward to seeing the videos/pictures! :) Thanks for updating us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the pictures. I hope someone is taking pictures of you too. Hope you remember a souvenir too. It doesn't have to be bought to be special, but don't think you can't spend your money either. Save some for the trip home, that's all! Mom

    ReplyDelete